Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Didn’t Yo Mama Eva Tell Ya: “Ta Neva Take A Sign To A Gunfight”??

“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.”- Cyril Connolly (1903 - 1974)

 

Didn’t Yo Mama Eva Tell Ya: “Ta Neva Take A Sign To A Gunfight”??

 


By de Andréa

Opinion Editorialist for    
‘THE BOTTOM LINE’

Posted March 14, 2018


Didn’t your mama ever tell you, never take a sigh to a gunfight?  Probably not, because no one in her day and in their right mind would ever think of doing such a dumb thing.

When I was a kid we didn’t exactly take our guns to school, but on the weekends or during the summer, from the time I was 12, my best friend Johnny and I would take 16 gauge shot guns down to the bay and shoot ducks or take 22 caliber rifles and go into the fields near where we lived and shoot rabbits.

And I know what you’re going to say.  Well…but you lived in the country or the woods, right!  No my friend, we lived right in the middle of town, in one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country.

Yes the times were different then, but people were the same. What really has changed is education. We had a scopious well-rounded education. What the poor rich kids of today have, is a short sighted narrow-minded programed indoctrination.  They can’t think for themselves or outside the box as they say. And neither can their parents for that matter.

No, my mama would never have told me not to take a sign to a gunfight. She might have told me not to take a knife to a gunfight, but a sign??? Well, of course this was 66 years ago they didn’t have GUN FREE ZONES back then and certainly no stupid signs that read THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE.  What would be the purpose of a sign like that? Maybe to give away free guns…Ya think. 

But then when I discovered that this sign business was supposed to be a defense or a protection of some kind then I understood why one might take a sign to a gun fight.  Something to stand behind when you shoot back, right?  Oh no! No shooting back. You see you are just supposed to hold the sign or display the sign, hoping the gunfighter will see it and…and what?  Shoot you, that’s what.

No wonder my mama would never have thought of doing such a dumb thing as that. But I am told that today’s mamas and papas do ‘just’ that. Moreover they do that at their kid’s schools. And they can’t understand why the signs don’t stop the gunfighters from shooting their kid’s. And then I discovered that these gunfighters actually thought the signs meant that there were no guns at the schools that displayed these signs, that the signs didn’t mean ‘free guns’ at all, they actually meant “No Guns Here A Good Place To Shoot” .  

Why would anyone do that? They probably don’t have alligators there either but I bet there are no signs that read ALLAGATOR FREE ZONE. Maybe these kids’ parents have not been educated, and instead they have been brainwashed with a short sighted narrow-minded indoctrination as well, and can’t think for themselves either.

THE BOTTOM LINE: It sure is too bad that all these parents had to lose their kids because the only defense at their school was a sign instead of a gun. Now they have their kid’s marching and carrying…you guess it… more SIGNS!

When I was a kid my parents would have taken me out of a school like that at least until they had some security instead of signs, someone with a gun to protect me from someone with a gun. You see that is what real education will do for you instead of robotic indoctrination. Don’t be a Lemming, think for yourself…

Thanks for listening my friend. Now go do the right thing, pray and fight for truth and freedom.  If you would like to write me direct with a question or a comment you can contact me at writedeandrea@hotmail.com
- de Andréa

Please pass on this article to everyone on your email list.  It may be the only chance for your family and friends to hear the truth.
The Fine Print
Copyright © 2005 by Bottom Line Publishing, All Rights Reserved -  Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit is given.
Disclaimer - The writer of this blog is not responsible for the language or advertisements used in links to referenced articles as source materials.

No comments: