Thursday, November 16, 2006

PROUD TO BE WHITE

No racism here!
Someone is finally saying it. How many are actually paying attention to this? I am becoming very weary of being the brunt of this nonsence. There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc., then there are just plain Americans. But ironicly there does not seem to be any white or European Americans.

The so-called Minorities pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. They call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" and that's OK. But if I would call them, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... They would call me a racist, so I of course will not do that.

They have the United Negro College Fund. The Martin Luther King Day. The Black History Month. United Arab Organization. The Cesar Chavez Day. They have Yom Hashanah, Mauled Al-Nabi and the NAACP, and they have BET, but if we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we would be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day, They would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we would be called racists. If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives, we would be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. I wonder who pays for that.If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US, yet if there was one "White college" THAT would be a racist college.In the Million Man March, They believed that they were marching for their race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

They are proud to be black, brown, yellow, and orange, as they should be, and they are not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride they call us racists.

They rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a Hispanic drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society they call him a racist, or charge him with a hate crime.

I am proud as well, as I should be. But, they call me a racist. Why is it that only whites can be racists?

I am proud to be a white European American as well as a minority, and I am not a racist. Could it be that some of the people hollering the loudist about racism are the REAL racists?

de Andréa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good. You said it well for all of us white folks.